Will it work for you or against you?

Should we keep on doing good work even if we are not appreciated for it?


Yes, because you don’t do it for them, you do it for you.

For example, when I give money to charity, I do it for very selfish reasons. Every time I put money in a collection jar, I say to myself

Look how rich I am that I can afford to give this much money away and not miss it”

I’m looking forward to my first £1 million donation - anonymously, of course, because I don’t want my time wasted by hundreds of gold diggers looking to stiff me for their “good cause”

If I do good, it’s because I believe in the cause not because I’m looking for appreciation. It’s like Bill Gates. He doesn’t spend large sums of money on the elimination of malaria because he gives a rat’s arse about malaria. He does it because, at one time, he was the most hated person on the planet and he thought he could buy our affection with the money he got illegally by offering a spate of inferior products. Sadly, he’s managing it.

This is how we felt in 1999:


So, don’t be like Bill.

Do something because you believe in it.

Credit: The header image is available as wallpaper from wall.alphacoders.com
,

No comments:

Post a Comment