Will it work for you or against you?

How can I motivate myself to read more books rather than spending time on the Internet?


I was given a book gift voucher for my birthday some months back.
I still haven't found a book I'd want to read, let alone own.
I look at the non-fiction section and think
"I could find out more on the internet in an evening than is written in these books"
I can come to a site like this and get an exact answer to an exact question without all the flaffing about having to read an entire book to get it.
Everyone talks about how reading is so important. "Leaders are readers" they will tell you.
Bullshine
Reading isn't important. Learning is.
You can read as much as you like but if it's not adding to your knowledge, you're just reading for fun. It's no more a valid past time than watching TV. What I'm saying is that there is nothing superior about being "well-read". The important is being "well-learned"

Credit: The header image is available as wallpaper from wall.alphacoders.com

No comments:

Post a Comment